Sunday, November 13, 2016

Week 65 Drumroll Please..... November 7, 2016

I have some super good news....

*drum roll*

TONI WAS BAPTIZED YAYYYY!!!!
HOORAYYY!!!
Okay maybe you're not quite as excited as I am but it was the best weekend ever!! Hope it was for you too (:

Yesterday Toni was confirmed. He sat down in the bench in front of me. Just as the testimonies began he turned around and said, "Hermana Ingram! Will you show me a good scripture about repentance? I want to share it in my testimony." I gave him a great scripture in Alma 36: 18-20
18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
The kid is destined for a mission, temple marriage, and a high calling. I mean there he was, a brand new member of the church, white shirt and tie, bearing the strongest testimony about repentance and coming unto Christ. I loved when he said, "My goal is to become like Jesus Christ." Shortly afterward his mom Juli went up and shared how grateful she was to God for sending the missionaries to her son and for the change he has made in his life. Toni has made a complete about-face, as his parents have told us previously, one of the hardest times for them was when Toni went missing. Imagine this, your 14 year old son completely disappears for two months in one of the biggest cities in the world. After searching relentlessly they found him on the street wearing rags, covered in dirt, long hair, and suffering from the effects of hard drug use and alcoholism. Can you imagine being Juli? Can you imagine the pain she must have felt and the countless times she thought she was failing as a mother? Well that's exactly what she shared at the pulpit yesterday. She is so proud of Toni and his change. I looked around at the congregation and could see almost all of the women in tears, (almost had to go grab the mop). It's funny when people think their choices only affect them. When Toni made poor choices his family was effected, as Toni has made good choices his family has been able to partake of his light. I see more and more happiness in their countenances. Plans are in motion for the baptisms of the rest of the family! Pray that we can get Juli and Jesus married!

Transfers are this week and if I leave Talara things will not go over so well....

Con Mucho Amor,

Hermana Ingram
My cute comp and I!
With Toni's Family!!! (Stay tuned for their baptisms!)

The Elder's ugly selfie with me in the background talking to Toni, "Toni, you have to smile in the pictures so they know how happy you are!" (: He was SUPER happy!
Intercambios with our hermanas! Hermana Tanuvasa on the far right.
After Edu opened his call! (Barranquilla Colombia, almost the same as his older brother Luisaac)
The bridge out in Sullana! (Looks pretty tropical due to the filters...)
We thought it was a riot causing the traffic, but it was a soccer team...

No comments:

Post a Comment