Sunday, October 2, 2016

Week 59 Greetings from the Northern Peruvian Desert! September 26, 2016

Our best imitation of that American gothic painting. (Explanation: Poor Hna Susanna had a little accident when she left the sink on all night and flooded the house. Dirt floor to MUD floor!
Greetings from the Northern Peruvian Desert!

Today I got to crunch on crushed ice. That's a really big deal.

Talara mornings have proved to be colder than I would have thought and the normal cold shower just crossed the tolerable line. So every night my comp and I fill two pots of water and put them on the stove. We also fill a big tub of water in the shower. In the morning we boil that water, then add it to the tub. cold + hot = warm. Voila! The most perfect cup shower ever (:
Happy 21st Birthday to Elder Hanvey!
Claudia is one of our awesome investigators. She is 19 years old and has been taking the missionary lessons for some time now. Before this transfer she has never made it out to church and we weren't exactly sure how to help her commit to coming. So in our first appointment we talked in detail about why we go to church. Her dilemma has always been that she doesn't have time to take three hours out of her studies. Right then and there we promised her that if she went to church and didn't study on Sunday she would pass her Chemistry exam that week. She did it. (then the angels started scattering around trying to make it happen). God has made us a promise that if we put Him first, everything WILL work out!

"I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."

Well Claudia went and checked her results. She was the ONLY student in her entire class to pass her test. She comes to church now frequently. Unfortunately she is facing all sorts of opposition and we have had to postpone her baptism. :( It's a waiting game!
Can you believe that Hermana Rasmussen has 7 grandchildren? 
Well I wish I had more time! I am so happy to be a missionary! There is nothing else I would rather be doing than learning about my Savior and His Atonement in this third world country. There is nothing quite like it. I miss you all!

Con mucho amor
Hermana Ingram
She hates cats, but at the same time I feel like she loves them as she constantly goes out of her way to torture them (:

The district on a stroll in Piura. Photo courtesy of Elder Wilde
This lady is always asking me how I got my hair color the way it is..."Because every time I bleach my hair it just turns orange!" Me thinking..."Well your hair also is naturally jet black..."
With Sidney! The cutest returned missionary (Ecuador) and then the elders...

No comments:

Post a Comment