Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Week 38 May 2, 2016

What a week! We worked nonstop and had great success!

Every single day is go, go, go. At the end of the day we walk into our rooms like complete zombies.
The other night, I went to brush my teeth. I almost had my toothbrush in my mouth when I looked down and realized I was about to clean my teeth with hydrocortizone itch cream. That might have been a trip to the clinic!


We all know that sister missionaries aren't the cutest... Well Hermana Rasmussen likes to call it the "mission uglies." Every day when we walk out the door my companion always says, "Well at least people aren't joining the church because we are cute." AMEN!

We read a letter to Hermana Sandison from her sister this week that said, "I sure wouldn't mind being in Peru. It'd be nice to see a different landscape for once, I get a little sick of the dry, (Piura) brown, (Piura) hazy, (Piura) crap that Idaho sees towards the end of the summer. I picture everything green and pretty where you're at." Thank you Brendon for giving us a good laugh!
This dog originally wanted to take my arm off, but then we became friends (:
#1 on the list of Ingram Sandison adventures: We want pepper spray!
At 7pm Hna Sandison and I were walking on the corner right by our house we heard a woman scream from across the street. Two men, with black masks, pulled up on a motorcycle. The one on the back hopped off and chased her. She fell and he beat her up a little, stole her bag, and then drove off. We ran across the street to her, helped her up, and tried to calm her down. She was crying hysterically saying, "I thought they were going to kill me!" She only had a few scrapes and bruises. Turns out her name is Maria and she is a member! She was baptized by an American elder when she was 12 but hasn't gone to church in years. We invited her to come back to church!
Our investigators Karen and Claudia!!
#2 Our investigators Karen and Claudia are amazing! They are both college students and so eager to learn each time we meet with them. Karen came with us to a baptism of an excommunicated member this week and it was amazing. The spirit was so strong as this man bore testimony of the atonement and thanked his family for being so patient with him. He came back! I hope Karen had as awesome of an experience as I did! Though everything is still super new to her. The next day she even came to church! I feel like the two of them are really prepared to hear the good news of the gospel.

#3 Geraldine and Yaco didn't make it to church! It was such a bummer after they each had promised us to be there!! I swear the mission is going to leave me with some serious trust issues..... Also during relief society Hermana Sandison was asked, "What are you sacrificing to be here?" (in the mission) Of course her first thought was "my body".... but then she quickly started naming, "My family... my friends.... school..." Moral of the story: what's the moral of the story anyway? I just thought it was funny (:

#4 Yesterday our taxi sank into Piura's finest sinking sand.... ALL of Piura is built on top of sand, like the sand on the beach. Yard work here consists of watering your sand so that it doesn't turn into a major sand storm. In the beginning of my mission I was always so confused! "Why is everyone watering the sand???"

Above all else this week I just feel so immensly grateful! I feel super blessed to be where I am right now. I feel like it is such a privilege to be able to teach all of the investigators we have right now and how close I feel with them. I'm especially blessed to be with Hermana Sandison who shows me every day I love my mission! Our neighbor said, "You girls wake up laughing and then go to bed laughing dont you?"
Its true!

So so so so excited to see my fam in just 6 days!!!
Love everyone so much

Hermana Ingram
The Hermanas with the office Elders

Las Hermanas! Hna Sepulveda (Mapleton) Hna Sandison (Twin Falls, ID) Hna Signs (Colorado)
Waterfall above Moropon
Just a little hammock break while waiting for an investigator

Hermana Sandison es mi mejor amiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment