Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 76 3rd to Last Email January 23, 2017

Copa Piura!!! We didn't win but we had a blast!
 Hola Amigos!

This week has been one of the most stressful yet! Sister missionary now turned Peruvian wedding planner and just take my word for it when I say that It Is Not An Easy Job. Maybe in any other ward or branch the relief society or elders quorum might take over and help in getting a wedding going for some soon-to-be-converts... unfortunately we don't have that kind of luxury here...
Visits with my favorite family! Jesus, July y familia!
My emotions are currently all over the place! I am so extremely excited to see July and Jesus get married and baptized and at the same time extremely disappointed in the leaders of the branch. I have found myself repeating a statement made by Elder Holland in my head. "Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it. So should we." I guess I'm just trying to take everything one step at a time, keeping my eyes focused on my goal, and learning an extreme amount of patience and compassion all the while. You know, we really have no idea what someone may be going through, or why someone may choose to act a certain way. I myself am one of those imperfect people that God has to work with, yet he extends mercy and with patience asks me to keep trying. I've realized that mercy will only be extended to me, so long as I extend mercy to those around me.
This nice little bug joined me during scripture study
I testify of Christ's love for each and every one of us. He is our Savior and Redeemer and although we deserve nothing, he gave us everything.
Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

GET READY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR THE LONG ANTICIPATED BAPTISMS OF JULY AND JESUS!! Cant wait to finally see the entire family baptized. I AM SO HAPPY!!
Stay tuned!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Ingram

Points from the week:
-My companion started singing Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love you" in our room, I turned around and realized she was singing it to our picture of Jesus on the wall... well... I think the Evangelicals down the street are really starting to rub off on her.. It happens.
-*Dog laying in the street* "Is it dead?" "I don't know, poke it with a stick." I'd say about 35% of the time they are dead... #Peru
-I just can't seem to walk anywhere without stepping in soggy trash and dog poop
-Hermana Signs asked to use Luisaac's bathroom. Much to her surprise she found a cat giving birth behind the sink... We spent the next 20 minutes or so cheering it on #Peru
-The power has started going out very frequently in all of Talara! It's a little disorienting to watch an entire city go black in only a second!
Mom (Hermana Susanna) went out of town so we made turkey sandwiches every single day and everyone made fun of us...
A little down time while waiting for the hermanas. The mosquitos ate us alive!!
The gringos Elder Obrien and Tuckett from my group, Elder Wilde from Talara!
Inside a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment