Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Week 17 December 7, 2015

Not too much happened this past week. Most of the time was spent just trying to find new investigators and get lessons, It has been a bit discouraging because it seems like no one will really listen to us. But yesterday we found some amazing new investigators, Maria and Julio. When we found them they told us how they were in the middle of the catholic church and the Jehovahs Witnesses and looking for the truth. LOOKING FOR THE TRUTH!? That was music to my ears. That has never happened to me on my mission. So we sat down with them and they had a lot of questions, let me say that again.. A Lot Of Questions. It was kind of hard because I wanted to just try and focus on one part instead of teaching a little of the restoration, the Book of Mormon, the plan of salvation, the commanments etc. It was all over the place. But either way they are super interested. For the first time in my mission I was asked the polygamy question, I just told them I would really like my husband to myself and then let my companion explain the rest (: I am so excited for these new investigators! They are like the light at the end of a dark tunnel! The moment of truth is whether or not they actually kept commitments. We will see tonight!

So the Elders had an Investigator come to church yesterday (Miracle!) It was an interesting fast and testimony meeting to say the least... During the third hour the elders were upstairs in a classroom teaching their investigator, little did they know that the door to that classroom is completely broken. So for 45 minutes there were trapped inside. Of course I had to run outside and take a picture of them. Finally president had to get the other brethren upstairs and they broke down the door, at the same time, Hermano Cristian (the snake) started asking me what color my eyes were and calling them beautiful. Next thing I knew pres pulled him into a classroom and chastized him for a bit about not flirting with the missionaries or any girls who are 20 years younger than him for that matter. Later, President informed me that Hermano Cristian had told him that I was the one starting it.... Oh boy church is always fun
Elder Godoy and his wife (photo courtesy of Pres Rasmussen)
A general authority from the seventy came, Elder Godoy. He was an AMAZING speaker. At one point in his visit he had all of the missionaries (about 100 of us) sing "I Hope They Call me on a mission" in Spanish and in English at the same time. It was one of my absolute favorite moments in my mission. Some time before he came we had heard that he would be choosing 3 elders and 1 hermana to have personal interviews with. When the meeting ended my mission president walked up to me and said "Hermana Ingram Elder Godoy has selected you for an interview" So first interview with a general authority! For some reason I had a feeling that he would choose me for an interview. I don't know if you could really call it an interview.  He first asked me my favorite part of the mission, I said seeing progression in myself. He asked me my least favorite part. I said feeling inadequate. Then he asked me what he could do for me in my mission. I kind of panicked a little and thought "What do I ask a General Authority to do for me?" So I just asked, "What's your number one advice?" and he said "find yourself" and that was the end of it. Now I am still trying to find myself (:

This is my last week in training! YAY! time is flying, I love all of you so much!
-Hermana Ingram
It's mango season in Morropon and we have about 30 mangos in our room...and I don't even like mangos. Oops!
 Under a mango tree

No comments:

Post a Comment