Thursday, September 17, 2015

Week 5 Adios CCM September 16, 2015

Hola!

Another week down and it's my last p-day in El Centro de Capacitacion Misional and that's a great feeling. I have to admit that I can't wait to leave this place in 5 days. The only thing I will miss is the moderate temperature of Lima, playing soccer, and being with my hilarious district every day.
My hilarious district
Highlights of the week:
So I finally got an Hermana soccer team together (which is a flat out miracle considering Hermanas don't usually play soccer). Once a few came out the join then every joined. Those Elders walked onto that field with so much confidence that they were going to kick our butts. False. We had so many girls on the field that they didn't even stand a chance. It was hilarious....kicking and screaming is the best way to describe it. Moral of the story, the Elders really hated soccer that day and whined about it. But the Hermanas had tons of fun.

In the CCM we have Spanish words to describe problems with the digestive system. They are "siempres" and "nuncas". Siempre means always and nunca means never, I think it's pretty obvious what means what. We'll be sitting in class and an Elder will get up and sprint out of the room and the teacher will look at us a little confused and we'll say, "Oh, he has the siempres" and our teacher will say something in spanish like "Oh poor thing". I've heard that when you get the nuncas really bad Hermana Gonzalez will give you a magic pill that cleans you out. But I'm proud to say that I've made it 6 whole weeks without getting sick. No siempres or nuncas for me!
Success!
The other day my rooms and I decided to peek up into the ceiling panels and take a look around. Much to our surprise we discovered a note and 2 packs of cookies! The note was from the Hermanas in our room that left August 10th to the field. (That's the same day that we left our respective homes to journey to Peru) The note talked about all of the legendary stuff they did while they were here. But my favorite part: "Last but not least, don't be afraid of anything. Don't be afraid to open your mouth, don't be afraid of your comps, don't be afraid of Spanish, don't be afraid to ask your Elders for blessings. Your time here will go fast and you'll soon be writing your own legend to the next group of Hermanas! Go forward with faith! Love your Savior and share your testimony and time you get the chance!"
Letter hidden in the ceiling
So I'm off to the field soon and I'm super excited. I know it's going to be hard but I feel like I've hit a point where my progress in the CCM has plateaued and there's nothing left for me here. I love the feeling of progression and I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Love,
Hermana Ingram
This is Elder Obrien. I think he looks a lot like my brother Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment