Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Week 70 Last Transfer December 12, 2016


Pic from the infamous annual Christmas Party! (pic courtesy of Pres. and Sister Rasmussen)
And just like that my wonderful Hermana Sepulveda came and went. It was sad watching her pack her life away into two suitcases and head off into the desert abyss... She truly was another great one, I feel so lucky for awesome comps.
I wanted so badly just to rip up that bus ticket...
Is it really that time already?!?! :(

Good news! My new companion is Hna Sepulveda's trainee! Hermana Signs. She is from Cedaredge, Colorado and has been in the mission for 10 months.
Hermana Signs!
To start out the week we headed to Piura for the annual Christmas Party. The party started with a delicious Italian Pizza lunch, some fun games, a devotional- in which President always shares the Parable of the Bicycle and you can't help but get teary-eyed- special musical numbers, then to finish we watched "It's a Wonderful Life." It's now a Christmas favorite. "No man is a failure who has friends."
The Christmas Party!! (we have the greatest mission presidents of all time)
Manuel was baptized! These Hernandez boys are going places, here, let me rave about Toni for a minute. Toni, without any type of reminder or nagging, goes not only to seminary but also to institute. He has read the entire Book of Mormon and has blessed the sacrament every week since his baptism, given 2 talks, born his testimony twice, and has started his family history. He blows me away!! I am so proud of him. Just as we were so excited to see July and Jesus get married July realized her identification had expired and it takes 22 days to get it renewed.... but I loved her attitude when she said, "Well hermanas, everything happens for a reason!" Very true July. So stay tuned because I'm determined to see their baptisms!
YAY Manuel!!!
The Hernandez family with 3 baptized Hernandez boys! Up next: los padres!
Well friends, other than that, I don't feel like I have too much to say. Overall I feel so happy and grateful to be a missionary! This experience changes my life and my perspective every single day. My mission has been a catalyst in helping to solidify my testimony and understanding of the gospel. And for that every hard, exhausting, stressful day followed by a restless night is all worth it, every last bit. It is all worth it. As my time begins to slip through my fingers I am training my heart and mind to stay in the "now". I will have more than plenty of time to be mentally in Utah, but for now, I'm in Peru. There is nowhere else Id rather be.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Ingram
My Christmas decoration for Hermana Rasmussen
The mission home in all of its Christmas glory.
I'm not sure why everyone else wasn't ready for the picture (; 
Rosales family and the Hernandez family
CAN'T YOU TELL HOW EXCITED WE ARE?! (we may or may not have secretly imitated the classic Peruvian picture pose)
The lizard-catching skills from my childhood kicked in the week.
My cute Hermana Sepulveda
Peruvian kids playing on a broken water pipe over a pile of trash...closest thing to a water park I guess!
Garbage! (I wish this picture was scratch-and-sniff so you could get the full effect)
A Peruvian road
Hermana Susanna tried unsuccessfully to hide her missing tooth when I made her laugh... She yelled at her husband whom she calls Chino (for his squinty eyes..) "No Chino! Delete the picture! You can see my missing tooth!" (: oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment